Dealing with anger, One of the major topics which people are searching on the internet in modern days. Here we’ve identified 7 different techniques to deal with your anger. First, let’s see what is anger?
What is Anger?
“A man is about as big as the things that make him angry” by Winston Churchill. Anger is a strong emotion that is caused by a loss of self-control. Although anger is normal due to today’s fast-paced life, anger can lead to other emotions such as bitterness, vengeance or hate and might cause health problems such as high blood pressure, heart attack or depression.
Anger Dealing Techniques
Some might counter anger through food or alcohol. Whenever you feel any negative feeling rising within yourself, try these 7 simple techniques:
- Breathe deeply and continuously while counting till 10. If you still feel angry, repeat the step until you cool down. While counting, it might help to imagine the person you are angry with is naked and just wearing socks. This might help you to cool down and smile.
- Take a walk. Do some light exercise. Stretch out. It is important to breathe to let your brain get enough oxygen to analyze the matter and calm down.
- Write down the reasons for your anger. Once you write it down in detail, review it once more. You might find that the reasons seem very important at first but once on paper, you will feel that the reasons are insignificant. Throw or burn the paper to shift all your anger.
- Meditate. Take several moments to fall back and meditate. Breathe deeply and clear your mind before acting.
- Understand your opponent. Try to look from your opponent’s point of view. Anger can blind you from absurd and funny reasons why you are angry with someone.
- Say your prayers and be grateful. Instead of being angry, try to look for things that make you feel lucky for being alive. It might be your good health, your work or just seeing the sun shining brightly above you.
- Hold on to your values. Think of your personality and what you strive to be. Do you want to be someone who uses anger to get what you want? There is goodness inside everyone and it is just waiting to be unleashed. Put it to good use!
With these simple 7 techniques, we hope you could find a better solution for your anger. Additionally, Read our post on reasons to control your anger. Comment your ideas for more Personal development related stuff from boostupliving.com
Download Free eBook on Eliminating Anger from here